A new energy and positive approach to community safety in North Edinburgh
#StrongerNorth is a new approach - listening to residents about community safety and antisocial behaviour and making West Pilton and Muirhouse a safer place to live. All individuals and organisations in North Edinburgh are invited to be a part of #StrongerNorth.
You can help by sharing regular bulletins through text, social media using #StrongerNorth, telling your friends, family and neighbours about positive action taking place and how they can support it too.
- Share information about action from the community, police or Council to combat antisocial behaviour - quickly
- Invite community involvement - provide ways for people to report issues, get support and challenge behaviour to build a positive environment
- Create highly visual campaign messages about community action, community concerns and what is being done to improve things
- Highlight actions and improvements like community payback schemes so you can see when a difference is being made...and then tell people about it
- Organise local drop in sessions to make it easier to report issues, get support, express concerns, offer to help
- Arrange visits to explain and promote #StrongerNorth
To report a crime
Call 101 or in an emergency 999 or attend Drylaw Police Station
Council Community Safety (Office hours) 0131 529 5050
Crimestoppers 0800 555 111
Victim Support 0131 668 2556
Children and Families Social Work 0131 200 2327
Out of Hours Social Work 0800 731 6969