After School Club Activity Leader - Highland Fling Childcare - 18041
Contract: Permanent, Salary: £9.90 per hour, Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment
Highland Fling Childcare are based in Portobello and offer Nursery, After School Care and Holiday Club experiences to many children from all over Edinburgh and the Lothians.
Our after school club team collects children from 4 local schools in and around Portobello and safely transports them to our idyllic location at Duddingston Kirk Hall, at the base of Arthur’s Seat. For the role we can offer up to 4 afternoons a week, 2.30pm - 6pm. There will be an opportunity for more days and hours over the school holidays for our Holiday Club sessions, but there will always be a guaranteed 14 hours per week.
What might a day in this role look like?
We require a safe pair of hands who can help safely transport the children, via our minibuses or on foot, from school to our location at Duddingston. Highland Fling has a huge focus on the outdoors, so our afternoons are spent getting the children outdoors and engaged in some exciting activities such as arts, crafts, team games, athletics, gymnastics, cooking and much more. We encourage our staff to bring their hobbies and interests to the role so are open to any new ideas.
What will I learn?
- How to be a safe and responsible team member, the safeguarding of our children, how to plan and organise activities and many new other skills that come from working with children.
- Many key outdoor skills - fire lighting, woodwork, foraging, cooking and orienteering etc.
- First Aid, Child Protection and any other job specific training that we feel would benefit the team based on our children’s needs.
What qualifications/skills are required?
- No childcare qualifications are required but previous experience with children of all ages is beneficial.
- We ask our team members to be responsible, have a positive attitude, engaging and willing to work as part of a team.
- We have no age limit but ask that you can commit to 2-3 afternoons a week.