Parking Attendant - NSL - 18034
Contract: Permanent, Salary: £10.23 per hour (pay review pending), Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment
At NSL, our vision is to make the UK a safer, fairer and better place to live and work. We help our clients innovate and improve services to deliver better outcomes. Built on trust and respect, we are driven and inspired to deliver as one team and are proud of what we do. We provide frontline, back office and customer support services to design and manage places used by the public, and provide national enforcement expertise at our borders and infrastructure. With over 4,000 colleagues in 250 locations across the UK we serve over 150 clients and 20 million citizens. Here at NSL, everyone is welcome. We have an inclusive workforce that offers employment opportunities whoever you are, wherever you work and whatever you do. We are bronze aware holders of the Armed Forces Covenant and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists. We are committed to our core values, they are key to the way we work with our colleagues, customers and suppliers, joining us would mean upholding these values in everything you do:
Working Individually and as part of a small team, most of your day will be spent outdoors. You will be required to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Sunday (including Bank Holidays). Shifts vary so flexibility for the role is essential. In return for your hard work, you will receive:
- Free uniform
- Paid holiday entitlement that increases with length of service
- Employee Benefit Scheme, including Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers and Discounts
- Reward and Recognition Scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Consultative Committee to represent the voice of colleagues.
What might a day in this role look like?
Our Parking Attendants are the eyes and ears of the local community, patrolling areas, providing advice to residents and members of the public, whist enforcing road traffic orders and issuing parking fines. You will play a significant role in reducing traffic congestion and improving air quality through the enforcement of parking restrictions. Your aim is to keep roads congestion free and keep traffic moving. Your day will be spent mostly outside, in all weathers, walking up to 10 miles per day, so please consider this before you apply. You will be dealing with members of the public face to face, so customer service must be something you enjoy, sometimes in difficult situations.
What will I learn?
You will receive industry leading job training.
What qualifications/skills are required?
- No formal qualifications are required
- A good standard of spoken and written English is essential
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Enjoy being active, working outdoors and helping people
- PC skills would also be an advantage, as you will be using a handheld device daily.