Community Living Assistant (Respite) - Capability Scotland - 18000
Contract: Permanent / Full Time / Part Time / Bank/Relief, Salary: £10.50 per hour (£21,351 per annum FTE), Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment
Capability Scotland delivers exemplary care, support, and education for disabled children and adults across Scotland.
We're looking for new colleagues to join our amazing #TeamEdinburgh on a relief basis to enable us to develop our exciting new project offering short breaks to people who already use our day services. We are looking for individuals who are caring and patient with a positive attitude and a good sense of humour. Various flexible hours available.
What might a day in this role look like?
You will be providing support to individuals either in their own home or in fully accessible flats in south-west Edinburgh for a short break. You will require to assist in all aspects of daily life, including finances, cooking, shopping, housework and personal care. You'll also get involved in supporting individuals with their hobbies and interests too, some of which include going for walks, trips out e.g. cinema and eating out and with arts and crafts. During each stay, we provide support that is tailored to the needs of each individual, which requires us to be flexible as shift patterns will include early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, sleepovers and public holidays.
What will I learn?
- We will provide all relevant training which will include a mix of classroom based training / online learning and face to face shadowing / observations which will enable you to support individuals effectively and build your skills, experience and career.
- As the short break service develops there will be opportunity for you to become a permanent member of staff, should you desire.
- You will require to register with SSSC and will be supported to complete SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care within allocated timeframe.
What qualifications/skills are required?
You don't need any specific qualifications or experience although experience of providing care would be an advantage. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- a caring and compassionate attitude
- the ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- great communication and organisational skills
- a positive enthusiastic approach with a willingness to learn
- a creative drive to improve the lives of the individuals you support.
Capability Scotland is a disability confident/equal opportunities employer, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience does not align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.