Warehouse Administrator - DHL - 17918
Contract: Permanent, Salary: £10.20 per hour, Closing Date: Friday 1 July
DHL Express UK Ltd is an international logistics company specialising in time definite international delivery of shipments.
Working within an operational logistics environment across a warehouse and office based at Edinburgh Interchange, Newbridge. Working hours are 9.30am - 7.30pm or 10.30am - 8.30pm Monday to Friday.
What might a day in this role look like?
You will act as the face of the Service Centre, responsible for providing excellent customer service both internally and externally. You will be responsible for ensuring that the day to day Customer Facing activities within the Service Centre are completed to the required standards. You will be required to ensure that all internal and external visitors to the Service Centre are handled in the appropriate manner and act as Service Centre Receptionist at times.
Duties will include:
- Provide administrative and operational tasks, necessary to ensure the correct functioning of the Service Centre
- Answer all calls to the Service Centre within 3 rings in a professional manner
- Respond to all queries in accordance with company standards (GSOP)
- Deal with all internal and external customers visiting the Service Centre in a professional manner
- Manage day to day workload and seek support when required
- Represent DHL in a professional and efficient manner in order to increase customer satisfaction
- Responding to Problem Pieces and ensure redistribution is arranged in accordance with global standards
- Use computer systems with numerous applications to ensure work is completed in accordance with company requirements.
What will I learn?
- Industry related training / qualifications - Manual Handling, Aviation Security Training, Dangerous Goods Awareness, Health and Safety
- Soft skills (e.g. communication, teamwork, problem solving, etc)
- Improve IT skills.
What qualifications/skills are required?
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills
- Good at establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts
- Self-motivated with good judgment and decision making qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- No preferred age bracket.