Mobile Maintenance Technician/Commercial Gas - Skanska - 17735
Contract: Permanent, Salary: Above Living Wage, Closing Date: Friday 28 January
Skanska, a leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build a better society. A career with us means you will have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too. We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We are looking for a Mobile Maintenance Technician to join our Building Services team on-site in Scotland. This is a mobile role with travel across Edinburgh.
What might a day in this role look like?
The role will be to provide a service and maintenance service to clients, both planned and on a reactive basis.
- Carry out and complete planned maintenance tasks within desired timescales
- Set up and monitor and keep properly adjusted equipment, including daily checks
- Promptly report problems and incidents encountered and respond to enquiries and complaints from the client, with a friendly positive approach
- Provide basic supervision of subcontractors and keep informed of progress, discuss solutions
- Instruct and induct subcontractors to Skanska’s required standard by means of quality checking
- Be aware of and apply relevant health & safety practices and procedures, assess the risks associated with the work given.
What will I learn?
Opportunities for both personal development and technical skills development.
What qualifications/skills are required?
- Experience of being a commercial gas engineer in service and maintenance
- Required to have gas safe and commercial gas tickets and full driving licence
- The ability to communicate effectively, make decisions, deliver results and take a flexible approach to working hours
- COCN 1 Core commercial gas safety
- CDGA1 Commission, service direct fired heaters
- CIGA1 Commission, service, repair and breakdown of commercial indirect-fired heating appliances and equipment
- CORT1 Commission, service, repair and breakdown of gas-fired commercial overhead luminous radiant plaque and radiant tube heaters
- ICPN1 Installation first fix of commercial pipework.
Commercial – desirable:
- TPCP1 Testing and direct purging of commercial installation pipework exceeding 1m³ in volume, up to 7bar operating pressure NG & 2bar LPG
- TPCP1A Testing and direct purging of low-pressure commercial pipework not exceeding 1m³ in volume, 21mbar operating pressure.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to obtain from Disclosure Scotland membership of the PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) scheme.