Community Support Workers - Edge Autism Ltd - 17686
Contract: Permanent, Salary: from £18,135 per annum pro rata, Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment
Edge Autism Ltd is innovative and sector leading. We pride ourselves on doing things differently. The Care Inspectorate gave us ratings of 6-excellent in 2019. In 2020 we launched Edge Adventures; respite and adventure holidays for autistic and learning-disabled young adults.
We offer Real Living Wage pay rates, full time and part time hours, no weekend work and we have ratings of excellent from the Care Inspectorate. We prioritise our staff's mental and physical health with a brilliant work-life balance, lots of activity and sport opportunities and you get to be as creative as you want. We are expanding and we are looking for the best in the business.
What might a day in this role look like?
Working for Edge daily is fun and exciting! We’re looking for experienced, enthusiastic and dynamic individuals to join our growing team, working with autistic and learning-disabled young adults. We offer training, 1.1 clinical supervision, flexible working hours, an enthusiastic and passionate staff team and lots of opportunities to get outdoors and experience an innovative new way of working.
What will I learn?
- SVQ Level 2 / 3 / 4 in Social Care
- In-house training.
What qualifications/skills are required?
- Qualifications of SVQ 2 or equivalent are desirable but not required for employment
- Car and a clean driving licence are essential
- We need people who will bring enthusiasm, energy and a commitment to enabling our young adults to maximise their potential
- Our young people need great mentors
- A sense of humour, resilience and flexibility are essential
- We expect all our team to have a skill outside of their primary training, such as music, art or outdoor sports
- We provide support and supervision alongside continuing professional development
- You should be aged 23 or above.