Commis Chef - The University of Edinburgh - 17685
Contract: Permanent, Salary: £17,901 per annum + 5 % Premium Band, Closing Date: Tuesday 30 November
University of Edinburgh; Pollock Halls Campus
You will be either based in Salisbury Green Hotel & Bistro or KM Central serving up to 150 breakfasts and up to 30 dinner covers. In this varied role your key duties will include preparing and cooking food for breakfast, lunch and dinner service assisting other chefs during your shift ensuring high quality dishes are served to all of our guests across our hotels which spans 2 breakfast restaurants, lounge and Bistro.
What might a day in this job look like?
We are looking for a Commis Chef who is passionate about food, enjoys working in a fast paced environment and has a can-do attitude to achieve results. In this role you will:
- Prepare food for breakfast, lunch and dinner to the highest possible standards following our SOPS.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met whilst on shift to ensure a safe environment is provided and all our legal obligations met.
- Continuously look to improve our standards and deliver world-class hospitality.
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
What will I learn?
- Culinary Skills.
- Industry related training .
- Soft Skills (e.g. communication, teamwork, problem solving, etc).
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- Time management skills.
- Impeccable standards and an eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.