The garden waste service is a £25 fee bin collection service that runs from October 2019 to October 2020. This is your last chance to join the current service year. If you have not registered already, and don't register now, your garden waste bin will not get emptied.
What you need to do
Registration for the garden waste service is open until 2pm on the 3 February. To sign up please follow the steps below.
Step 1 - register
If you haven't already, you'll need to register with mygovscot myaccount.
If you already have an account, it is important to check your details are up to date. Need help with mygovscot myaccount?
Step 2 - sign up and pay
- Sign up to receive fortnightly garden waste collections for £25 per brown bin.
- The service year runs until 4 October 2020.
- This is your last chance to sign up to the service, but the payment will remain £25 and permits will be valid for the remainder of the service year.
- If you want to share a bin with your neighbours you will need to agree on one resident acting as the lead in paying for the sevice and reporting any issues.
- Read the garden waste terms and conditions.
Do you need to pay?
- If you choose to not sign up for the service then you will not receive garden waste collections.
- If you receive Council Tax reduction formerly called Council Tax benefit or are registered severely mentally impaired, the service will continue to be free, however you will still need to register to receive the service.
- Other exemptions like single occupancy discount don't qualify for free garden waste collections.
- If you are a Garden Aid customer you will still need to pay for the service unless you are exempt for Council Tax reduction however you will still need to register to receive the service.
- If you have your garden waste collected by Tiphereth you will also need to register and pay to continue receiving the service.
Step 3 - permit sticker
We will send you a permit in early March prior to collections which start from mid-March. Please stick your permit sticker onto your brown bin.
We will only empty brown bins that display a valid permit sticker and have the correct materials in them.
Step 4 - renew your permit
You will need to renew your permit every year before it expires to continue receiving the service. Permits are valid until 4 October 2020.
Damaged or missing bins
If your garden waste bin is damaged or missing, you will need to order a new bin. If you don't have a current subscription, you will need to phone us to order a new bin
0131 608 1100.
If you move to a new house you can transfer your permit to your new address. Please give us up to 6 weeks' notice and take your brown bin and permit sticker with you.
Return your unwanted bin
If you no longer want your brown bin, then we can arrange an uplift for you.
Other ways to recycle
You can also book a special uplift for your garden waste for £35 for up to 28 bags of waste.