As part of the Scottish Government budget for 2022/23 the Finance Secretary announced a one off Cost of Living Award of £150.00
Who is eligible
To be eligible, households must be either
- Living in a dwelling in any Council Tax valuation band, liable for Council Tax and receiving Council Tax Reduction, Second Adult Rebate. This does not include Single Person’s Discount – 25%.
- Living in a dwelling and liable for Council Tax for Council Tax valuation band A to D, and does not receive Council Tax Reduction,Second Adult Rebate
- Exempt as all members of the household are care leavers, under 18, severely mentally impaired or receiving, providing care elsewhere
- Accessing Housing Support Service and, or living in temporary accommodation or a refuge.
To be eligible, the above must apply as of 14 February 2022.
The household may only receive one payment.
We will administer this payment on behalf of the Scottish Government.
Receiving the award
- The award will be seen on the Council Tax Notice for 2022 / 23.
- The monthly instalments for 2022 / 23 will be reduced.
- If you are an exempt household or accessing Housing Support Services/living in temporary accommodation or in a refuge, we will contact you in early April about the award.