Reducing traffic speed helps make our streets safer and more people friendly. Calmer road speeds encourage children to walk and cycle to school leading to healthier lifestyles.
There are lots of ways schools can get involved in the 20mph campaign:
- Organise a mini parade outside your school to remind drivers to slow down
- Take part in an enforcement activity with the Reducer mascot and the Police
- Organise a 20mph poster competition
- Create a 20mph mural
- Promote 20mph on your school notice board
- Talk about 20mph at the school assembly.
If you need any support with setting up an activity or would like to borrow the Reducer mascot costume for an event, please get in touch.
Young film makers took on the challenge of creating a 60 second video to show why life is better at 20mph. St Catherine's RC Primary won first prize closely followed by Blackhall Primary and Holy Cross RC Primary as joint runners up. Well done to everyone who took part!
St Catherine's RC Primary School
Blackhall Primary School
Holy Cross RC Primary School