You are here: Home | Transform Edinburgh | Complaints


What to do if you're unhappy with adult health and social care services in Edinburgh

The Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership manages and monitors the delivery of all the city’s health and social care services, apart from acute hospital services.

Let us know if:

  • we take too long to do something we have promised to do
  • you think a member of our staff is rude or has not treated you with respect
  • we tell you that we can’t help you when you believe we should
  • the quality of the service you receive is not to the standard you expected

If you are dissatisfied with our service and wish to make a complaint about:

Complaints about the Edinburgh Integration Joint Board

The city’s Integration Joint Board (IJB) is responsible for the strategic planning of health and social care services. The IJB is a statutory body, which oversees the Health and Social Care Partnership’s delivery of services. Its meetings are held in public and it is governed by legislation and regulations laid down by the Scottish Government.

The IJB will deal with any concerns regarding its strategic planning functions (rather than service delivery). For example, you could make a complaint regarding the IJB’s:

  • policies
  • decisions on resource allocation or strategic direction
  • administrative or decision-making processes

Our aim is to resolve any problems and prevent the same problem happening again. This will help us improve how we work by learning from complaints.

Contact the Edinburgh IJB

You can make a complaint in writing, in person, by telephone, by email, or by having someone complain on your behalf. 

Telephone: 0131 529 7153


In Writing:

Chief Officer
Edinburgh Integration Joint Board
Waverley Court
4 East Market Street

Download the IJB Complaints Handling Procedure