SOCITM Better Connected review
- Page 1 of 3
- Next page
The City of Edinburgh Council has kept its 4 star ranking from last year. Edinburgh was the first Council in Scotland to achieve four stars last year and is one of only two in the UK to retain that top ranking because of our customer focused approach to providing services online.
Making it easier for customers to use our online services in several areas has been picked up as good practice - such as renewal of library books. The website has also been commended as a local leader in the use of social media.
Results for the City of Edinburgh Council:
- The Council is listed as a good practice example for: renewing library books and school term dates
- The Libraries App is listed in the summary of Council apps available
- The Council achieved a ranking of 'very good' and an example of best practice in accessibility for our top level pages and pay council tax section
- The Council's use of social media survey takes note of the number of accounts we are using to improve our local community engagement
- Edinburgh Libraries have been used as a case study in the social media report included in the review
- School term dates: This is really excellent. I am given the information in several different formats to print e.g. calendar or in a table and in a web page
- I really love this site. It is very easy to find the tasks I am looking for - most of them are in a panel on the home page and when I get there I find plenty of relevant information. I am impressed by the clear task orientated links throughout the site and the text is nice and large and easy to read.
- Library renewals: the site informs me that I will have to have my borrower number ready before I even click the link which shows the council is really thinking about the user.
- Swim Centres: This is extremely easy to find through a variety of routes
The full report is available to download for SOCITM subscribers from the SOCITM website