View and comment on planning applications
Make a comment
You can view and comment on planning applications online using the Planning and Building Standards online service.
The public can also get involved in major development proposals before a planning application is submitted.
What you can comment on
Comments which are relevant to planning issues, such as
- traffic and parking
- appearance of the area
- impact on a conservation area
- setting or character of a listed building
- loss of significant landscape features
- noise and disturbance
- effect of cooking odours
- loss of sunlight or daylight
These are known as material considerations.
We cannot consider comments on non relevant planning issues, such as
- loss of private view
- effect of the development on property values
- building regulation matters
- racist remarks.
Your comments cannot be treated as confidential.
Our guide to commenting on planning applications outlines how to ensure you make a valid comment. You can download this below.