Students in Edinburgh have joined the Council to encourage those studying in colleges and universities to make sure they’re registered to vote in the forthcoming UK Parliamentary General Election.
Families across Edinburgh are being urged to arrange Power of Attorney (POA) with loved ones in a bid to protect their wishes in the event of a serious illness or accident.
Edinburgh recently joined cities and nations all over the globe in announcing decisive action to tackle the climate emergency, setting the city the ambitious target of becoming carbon neutral by 2030.
Culture Convener Councillor Donald Wilson writes about exciting literary developments with plans to transform Central Library, National Mobile Libraries Day and Scottish Book Week.
Every year, the City of Edinburgh Council invites members of the public to have their say on events held in parks across the city during the previous year, to help inform plans for the future.
Council news blog
- Proactive approach is building a better future
- Culture and Communities Convener: A bit of creative accounting will keep city culture thriving
- Over 100 years of footwear on show at The Museum of Edinburgh exposes the sole of Edinburgh’s past residents
- Trading Standards recognised for innovative work
- It's time to make your Fringe as the 2019 Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme is revealed