Thirty four Capital parks and greenspaces have been recognised as among the best in Scotland by Keep Scotland Beautiful - out of 71 across the whole country.
A major project to build a new bridge across the A90 near Kirkliston has reached a key milestone, as the initial foundations are laid.
The Council has launched a new campaign to combat the problem of inconsiderately-parked vehicles blocking bins meaning they can't be emptied and overflow.
Sustainability Champion Councillor George Gordon writes in today's Edinburgh Evening News:
The owner, CEO and Chair of Heart of Midlothian Football Club has been chosen to receive the esteemed Edinburgh Award.
Council news blog
- Proactive approach is building a better future
- Culture and Communities Convener: A bit of creative accounting will keep city culture thriving
- Over 100 years of footwear on show at The Museum of Edinburgh exposes the sole of Edinburgh’s past residents
- Trading Standards recognised for innovative work
- It's time to make your Fringe as the 2019 Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme is revealed