Doors Open Day to usher in crowds to Edinburgh cultural hotspots
A host of historic Council-managed landmarks across Edinburgh will be taking part in Doors Open Day this weekend.
Why not start by exploring the stunning architectural addition to the Usher Hall - pop into the world famous Lothian Road concert hall's brand new wing.
Heading east along Princes Street, get the heart-rate pumping with a climb up Calton Hill, where no fewer than three 'open doors' await: the newly refurbished Burns Monument, the Old City Observatory and Old Observatory House which is currently being transformed into a magnificent property for holiday lets by the Vivat Trust.
Lastly, Alexander Nasmyth's St Bernard's Mineral Well, situated in a beautiful, tranquil spot beside the Water of Leith in Stockbridge, would be the ideal final destination for a pleasant weekend stroll.
Visitor Information for Doors Open Day weekend
- Usher Hall: Saturday 25 September, 10:30 to 12:30
- Burns Monument: Saturday 25 September, 11:00 to 16:00
- Old City Observatory: Saturday 25 September, 11:00 to 16:00
- Old Observatory House: Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 September, 11:00 to 15:00
- St Bernard's Mineral Well: Saturday 25 September, 12:00 to 15:00
See the full Doors Open Day programme.