Issues with main telephone numbers
We are currently experiencing intermittent problems with calls to the Council's contact centre.
This is affecting calls to these telephone numbers:
- Council house repairs (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm)
0131 200 2345, email: Repairs Direct
- Council tax information (Mon, Weds, Thurs 8.30am- 5pm; Tues 10am-5pm; Fri 08.30am-3.40pm)
0131 469 5000, email: Revenues and Benefits
- Road, footpath and street lighting problems (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm)
0800 23 23 23, email: Clarence
- Rubbish, wheelie bins, bulky uplifts, recycling enquiries, animal health, noise issues, problems with trees or parks (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm)
0131 608 1100, email: Bulky uplifts, Waste Services
- Social Care Direct - adults (Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm, Fri 8.30am-3.40pm)
0131 200 2324, email: Social Care Direct
- Social Care Direct - children and families (Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm, Fri 8.30am-3.40pm)
0131 200 2327, email: Social Care Direct Children and Families
If you have any difficulties and have access to email, please use the links to email address to contact us.
The Emergency social work service telephone number is not affected - if you have an emergency social work need, please call 0800 731 6969 (Freephone).
Engineers are working to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience it causes you.