Hospital and Outreach Teaching
Hospital and Outreach Teaching Service
The Hospital and Outreach Teaching Service (HOTS) provides educational support for vulnerable children and young people experiencing an interrupted education.
The service is a referral based service and works closely with schools, parents, partnership services and agencies.
They may provide teaching:
- in hospital or at home for a child unable to attend school due to ill health
- for a child/young person excluded from school
- for Looked After and Accommodated Children if they are experiencing difficulty at school
- for pregnant schoolgirls/young mums
- for Gypsy/Traveller/Roma children
- for young people who are inpatients at CAMHS Tipperlinn (Royal Edinburgh Hospital)
Accessing the service
Referral to this service should be made by the child's school.