Scottish Youth Parliament
Scottish Youth Parliament in Edinburgh
- Page 1 of 2
- Next page
The Scottish Youth Parliament (SYP) is a non-party political organisation campaigning to highlight the voice of Scotland's young people on a national and international stage. There are 12 Edinburgh seats on the Scottish Youth Parliament; 2 for each of the Scottish Parliamentary areas:
- Edinburgh Central
- Edinburgh Eastern
- Edinburgh Northern and Leith
- Edinburgh Pentlands
- Edinburgh Southern
- Edinburgh Western
Elections for the Scottish Youth Parliament are held every two years, and any young person from S1 to age 25 is eligible to vote.
The 2011 elections were held from 14 - 25 March 2011 - a total of 26 young people from all areas of the city stood for election with more than 10,000 votes cast - double from the last elections held in 2009. Find out who won.
Hear ye, hear ye...young people are speaking!
The next elections will be held in March 2013.
Find out more on how to become a candidate in the 2013 Scottish Youth Parliament elections.
You may also be interested in...
- Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/SYPEdinburgh
- View the manifesto videos on our Youtube channel
- Press release - Fifty per cent increase in Edinburgh candidates for Youth Parliament
- Press release - Record turnout as new Youth Parliamentarians elected