Equality and Rights
A Framework to Advance Equality and Rights
- Page 1 of 3
- Next page
A Framework to Advance Equality and Rights 2012 - 2017 maps out how the Council will, over the next five years, meet its legal duties under the Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty. It also describes our approach to equality and rights impact assessment and how we include a rights-based approach into our work.
The Framework identifies the following key areas of work:
- Equality and Rights Impact Assessment (ERIA) for Council policies, services, functions and financial decisions
- Our equality and rights outcomes, published in 2013, aim to further the legal duties to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations
- The Council's equality and rights outcomes are linked to the Council's priorities in the Strategic Plan 2012/17 and the Edinburgh Partnership Single Outcome Agreement
- Developing new approaches to improve the evidence and research used, including the findings from community engagement and consultation, to support the work on impact assessment and equality outcomes
- Expanding the collection of employment data on Council staff and reporting on the equal pay gap
- Strengthening the Council's approach to equality in the procurement process
- Demonstrating how integrating and mainstreaming equality and rights into the day-to-day working of the Council improves decision making and action across all areas of management, policy making and service delivery.
The Council approved the Progress report on the Framework to Advance Equality and Rights. This report also includes:
- the Equality and Rights Outcomes and Mainstreaming Action Plan 2012-17
- the Employment Progress Report and equal pay information
If you require this publication in an alternative format or language please contact email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (Scotland) publishes guidance and good practice to help you understand the Equality Act law and explain what public authorities should do to meet the duties.
Corporate Governance2.1, Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh, EH8 8BG
Tel: 0131 469 3632