Contacting and working with the media team
Working with us – advice for media
- Page 1 of 5
- Next page
We do not deal with public or general enquiries, even where this relates to something that has been in the media.
General service information
Please contact the media team for help with
- Information about the Council and its services
- Comment from executive councillors (see the extra note below)
- Interviews and news filming requests related to the Council
Depending on the circumstances we may also be able to help with:
- General filming and photography (but first check our filming and photography advice too as well as Edinburgh Film Focus)
- Submitting freedom of information requests
- General information, advice, images and others requests about Edinburgh (but also see Edinburgh Inspiring Capital)
Permission for filming Council meetings
Permission to film in Council meetings is at the discretion of the committee convener (the Lord Provost in the case of full Council meetings).
News distribution lists
You can receive our news via RSS (see the feeds on the right) and Twitter. You can ask to be added to our email distribution lists for news on particular topics. Please contact us on 0131 529 4040.
Getting in touch with councillors
The Council media team can only provide comment on behalf of councillors that have an 'executive' position, e.g. committee convenor.
We can not provide comment for any councillor on their own ward issues or any political issues. Please contact a councillor directly.
Arranging filming or photography on the street or Council facilities
Please see our detailed page about arranging filming and photography.
Tel: 0131 529 4040