Getting married in Edinburgh
Religious or other belief system marriages
If you are being married by a religious celebrant or other belief system marriage please remember to do the following:-
- Contact celebrant to book a date and time for a ceremony - this can be done as soon as you know where and when you wish to marry.
- The legal paperwork needs to be submitted four to six weeks before the date of your ceremony and lodged with the Registrars office in the district you are being married or the ceremony will not be able to take place
- The forms are only valid for three months so please do not hand these in any earlier
- If you dont live in Edinburgh it might be easier to submit your forms by post. Please remember to send all accompanying documents and fees
- The week of the wedding book an appointment to collect your marriage schedule if you are being married by a religious or belief system celebrant. Remember marriage schedules can only be issued to the bride or groom.
- You will need two witnesses on the day of the wedding, they can be relatives but must be 16 years or over.
Corporate GovernanceLothian Chambers, 59-63 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1RN
Tel: 0131 529 2600
Fax: 0131 529 2613