- Page 1 of 2
- Next page
If you have been affected by the recent news about Mortonhall Crematorium and wish to speak to us about the issue, please contact our special support line on 0131 200 2383 or fill in this form and we will contact you when it is convenient for you.
Mortonhall Crematorium is situated on the south side of Edinburgh in a mature woodland setting. The crematorium has a modern design created by the architect Sir Basil Spence and opened in February 1967.
Facilities at Mortonhall Crematorium include:
- Mortonhall chapel (seating for 250)
- Pentland chapel (seating for 50)
- Religious symbols representing Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, San, Sikhism and Tao. All symbols can be covered for non-religious services
- An organ, ipod docking station and CD and tape playing equipment in both chapels
- Outside speakers for Main Chapel, in the event of a large gathering, where there is insufficient room within the chapel for all mourners
- Disabled Parking and removable pew for wheelchairs in both chapels, wheelchair also available
- Deaf-aid loop system in both chapels
- Waiting room with washrooms
- Disabled toilet (situated within cemetery washroom)
Directions to Mortonhall
Office opening hours
Monday to Thursday: 9am - 4.45pm, Friday: 9am - 3.30pm, Saturday: 9am - 11.45am, Sunday: closed.
Opening times of grounds
Every day: 8am - 6pm