Friends of Parks
Enhancing and protecting our parks
- Page 1 of 3
- Next page
Friends of Parks are groups of volunteers who play a vital role in enhancing and protecting local parks, woodlands and green spaces across Edinburgh. Working with the Council, the groups give residents a greater say in what goes on in their park.
The groups volunteer their time and energy to get involved with a range of projects including;
- Fundraising for improvements and events in the park
- Enhancing biodiversity (e.g. creation of wildflower meadows, installing bird boxes)
- Practical tasks like clean-ups and tree planting
- Improving access
- Contributing to the management of the park
- Leading walks and talks
- Producing leaflets and other educational material
Edinburgh has a number of Friends groups looking after parks and greenspaces. These can be found on the next page.