About Coaching Edinburgh
- Page 1 of 5
- Next page
Coaching Edinburgh is a service run by Edinburgh Leisure to help current and potential coaches to develop their coaching skills and to increase the quantity and quality of coaches within Edinburgh.
Coaching Edinburgh helps coaches to develop in three main ways.
Coach Scholarship Programme
This is a three-tiered programme which aims to help coaches with the costs of their coaching education.
Coach education courses
Coaching Edinburgh runs and subsidises a number of generic coach education courses, including:
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- First Aid for Sports Coaches
- How to Coach Disabled People in Sport
- In Safe Hands
- Sports Psychology workshop
- Sports Nutrition workshop
- An Introduction to Strength and Conditioning
- Injury Prevention and Core stability workshop
Coaching event calendar
The Coaching Edinburgh website provides a Coaching Events calendar, which gives details of forthcoming National Governing Body courses and coaching conferences across Scotland.