The Welfare Rights Service provides free, independent and confidential advice and representation on benefits and tax credits for people living in Edinburgh. Our services include
- Help to get you all the benefits you are entitled to
- Help to complete benefit claim packs where appropriate
- Help you to appeal if you disagree with a benefit decision
- Representation at appeal tribunals for most welfare benefits
- Help with rent arrears
- Representation at Sheriff Court for eviction proceedings
- Help you deal with other problems with your benefits
How to contact us
You can contact us by phone 0131 200 2360
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 08.30 am - 16.30 pm
Tuesday 10.00 am - 16.30 pm
Friday 08.30 am - 15.00 pm
You can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can write to the address on the right.
The best way to book an appointment is by phoning us. If you cannot make the arranged appointment please phone us as soon as possible.
Most of our advice sessions are held in buildings with wheelchair access. If you are housebound, and we cannot help you over the telephone, we can visit you at home.
If your first language is not English or if you have difficulty with your hearing or speech let us know about this when you contact us so that we can give you the advice you need in a way that is suitable to your needs.
Please let us know in advance if you have any special needs.