Community capacity building
Building Community Capacity and Voluntary Sector Support
Capacity Building teams support local people coming together to identify their communities' needs and issues.
This help includes:
- Encouraging and supporting people to become involved in community organisations, activities and structures
- Assisting individuals and groups to develop their confidence, knowledge and skills in identifying community issues and developing campaigning strategies
Support to voluntary organisations
Capacity Building teams assist voluntary community organisations, large and small, throughout Edinburgh. The type of organisations we work with range from youth work agencies to advice and advocacy organisations to independent community centres.
The support we give includes:
- Working with organisations to identify their objectives and targets and carry out a needs assessment
- Develop programmes and recruit volunteers and staff
- Assistance with seeking out funding sources
- Advice on committee procedures and identifying appropriate sources of technical advice
A number of community organisations receive a revenue grant from the City of Edinburgh Council and we help to ensure that this funding is effectively spent.
For further information contact - Community Learning and Development on 0131 469 3250 or contact your local CLD office.
East CLD Office
Areas: Bingham, Craigentinny, Craigmillar, Leith, Lochend, Magdalene, Northfield, Portobello, Restalrig
Tel: 0131 661 6834
North CLD Office
Areas: Blackhall, Drylaw, Muirhouse, Pilton, Wardieburn
Tel: 0131 332 6316
South CLD Office
Areas: Burdiehouse, City Centre, Gilmerton, Gracemount,
Inch, Liberton, Moredun, Morningside, Prestonfield, Southhouse,
Tel: 0131 664 3793
South West CLD Office
Areas: Carrickvale, Clovenstone, Colinton, Dalry, Gorgie, Juniper Green, Oxgangs, Pentland, Ratho, Sighthill, Westerhailes
Tel: 0131 458 5959
West CLD Office
Areas: Broomhouse, Corstorphine, Drumbrae, East Craigs, Kirkliston, South Queensferry
Tel: 0131 334 9301