Request a Blue Badge
Blue Badge parking
If you're a driver or a passenger and you have mobility issues, you may be eligible for a Blue Badge. You can check if you are eligible for a Blue Badge on the Scottish Government website.
Applying for a Blue Badge
You can apply for a Blue Badge online on the Scottish Government website.
Paper forms are available in libraries and Locality offices. You can return your completed form to a locality office and we can take payment and photocopy documents for you.
Pay for a Blue Badge
If you applied without making a payment when you submitted your application you can pay for your Blue Badge online.
Where you can park with a Blue Badge
With a Blue Badge you can park free of charge and without a time limit on street in Edinburgh
- in public and shared on-street parking bays
- on single or double yellow lines when loading is allowed
- in greenways parking places when parking is allowed
- in disabled parking bays.
You should not park
- in bus lanes during the hours of operation
- in cycle lanes
- on single or double red lines during the hours of operation
- on zig-zag pedestrian crossings at school entrances
- in bus stops
- in parking spaces for residents, motorcycles and city car club users
- in suspended parking bays
- any place where traffic or emergency vehicles might be held up
- at dropped kerbs
- in public parking places on main traffic routes when loading is prohibited.
You can only apply for an exempt permit at the Drumbrae Hub