Disabled bay enforcement

Apply to have us enforce your disabled bays

Do you own an off-street car park?  You can ask us to control off-street accessible parking places for you.

You must ensure that the road markings and signage complies with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) 2002 regulations.  Please note that the owner is liable for any costs when installing new lines and signs.

We will visit your car park to confirm that the markings and signs are up to standard. Then a Traffic Regulation Order will be made to allow us to control the parking place(s). This will allow Parking Attendants to manage the spaces for you and ensure they are only used by blue badge holders.

Download the Disabled Persons' Parking Places (Scotland) Act 2009 response form to apply (PDF - 148.19 KB)

If you have any questions about the Disabled Persons' Parking Places Act then please contact us using the details below.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve edinburgh.gov.uk

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.