Conversion of a civil partnership to marriage

If you are already in a civil partnership and wish to take the administration route to marriage please contact the registrar’s office of your choice to book a date and time.

Please bring with you

  • you civil partnership certificate
  • form of identification for both parties.

To convert to marriage by having a marriage ceremony please contact the registrar’s office.

City Chambers
253 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1YP
0131 529 2600

30 Ferry Road, Edinburgh, EH6 4AE
0131 529 5520

South Queensferry
53 High Street, South Queensferry, EH30 9HP
0131 331 1590

You can email your contact details to and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.