Food business concerns
Tips to follow
We can investigate
- food being off
- watered down alcohol
- food which hasn't been labelled properly
- if you are ill after eating food from a food buiness in Edinburgh or elsewhere
- food which has been contaminated in some way
- food being past its use by or best before date
- concerns over hygiene in a food business
- if the food wasn't the type of food you asked for, for example a vegetarian being given meat
- concerns over allrgen labelling / information.
What to do
- if you have found something in your food try not to touch it and leave it undisturbed
- keep any packaging or receipts
- if you think there is something wrong with food you have bought, seal and keep it in the freezer in you can
Contact us as soon as possible to discuss your concerns.
If you were ill after eating food from somewhere in Edinburgh, or a food business elsewhere, let us know as soon as you can. We will take some details and may look into it further. It is also strongly recommended that you contact your GP as soon as possible.