West and south west schools review
We collected feedback to find out what is important to you before we progress to any formal consultation. We used
- an online form
- workshops organised with parent and community councils.
- direct feedback from parent and community councils.
- drop in sessions.
We received a lot of feedback from the communities around Currie, Balerno and Wester Hailes about the proposals in the informal consultation. It is clear from this feedback that the important themes include
- Balerno High, Currie Community High and Wester Hailes Education Centre as valued hubs that bring all ages together
- Infrastructure, such as roads and traffic, safe routes to school, healthy options for walking and cycling and the cost of travel to school
- School performance and continuity of education
- Environmental concerns
- Planning with regards to the current land and buildings and projected populations
- Woodlands School
- Community needs for Currie, Balerno and Wester Hailes.