West and south west schools review
Outcomes report with alternative options
Our report on the informal consultation for west and south west Edinburgh schools went to a special Education, Children and Families Committee on 29 March 2018.
We invited parent councils and other groups from the schools and communities affected to the committee to comment on the report.
The report responds to some of the points most often raised including
- attainment and inclusion
- size of school and the impact on attainment
- future proofing the estate
- investment in the school estate.
The report includes the original published proposal and three alternative options. It looks at the positives and negatives of each option.
All three alternative options include the following
- Ratho, Kirknewton and Dean Park Primary Schools will continue to feed to Balerno High School
- The Kinleith Mill area would move from Currie Primary School’s catchment area to Nether Currie Primary’s. We would need a statutory consultation to make this change.
The original published proposal and alternative options 1 and 3 propose that the Cherry Trees and Newmills areas would move from Currie Primary’s catchment area to Dean Park Primary’s. We would need a statutory consultation to make this change.