Lower Granton Road
Residents of Lower Granton Road told us they had concerns about traffic in their street. You asked us to look into possible ways to address these issues.
We arranged a resident’s workshop and community events to engage local people. At these events residents discussed their ideas for improving their street. Your ideas were recorded in a report produced by Sustrans.
Lower Granton Road is a QuietRoute. However, narrow footways and high traffic volumes reduce the desire to walk and cycle. There is already an off-road walking and cycling path along McKelvie Parade in the eastern section of Lower Granton Road.
The main findings from the Lower Granton report include
- creating a safer and calmer street for the community
- more places for people to cross the road
- design a unique place for the community
- encourage people to maintain green spaces
- create gateway features on the road to encourage motorists to slow down
- find better ways to manage heavy goods vehicles
- introduce a cycle path along the grass to the north of Lower Granton Road continuing to Granton Square
- improve Granton Square.