We want to stop waste being created and encourage the reuse and refurbishment of goods when possible. You can download the Waste Prevention and Waste and Recycling Strategy below.
The key points in our Waste Prevention Strategy are to
- change peoples behaviour and attitudes in Edinburgh to reduce the amount of waste being sent to landfill
- compliment the Scottish Governments zero waste plan
- find out what’s still in household waste bins that could be recycled
- promote waste reduction and reuse campaigns
- work in partnership with the community sector and other organisations.
Find out how you can reduce and reuse.
We are working with Midlothian Council to provide a facility to treat food and household waste. You can find out more about the project on the Zero Waste website.