We want to stop waste being created and encourage the reuse and refurbishment of goods when possible.
The key points in our Waste Prevention Strategy are to
- change behaviour and attitudes in Edinburgh, to reduce the amount of waste being sent to landfill
- complement the Scottish Government's Zero Waste Plan
- find out what’s still in household waste bins that could be recycled
- promote waste reduction and reuse campaigns
- work in partnership with the community sector and other organisations.