Edinburgh's City Housing Strategy
The City Housing Strategy covers all tenures and types of housing. It sets out the strategy and priorities for the delivery of housing and related services in Edinburgh. We develop and deliver the strategy with our partners. We focus on three key outcomes, people who
- live in a home they can afford
- live in a warm, safe home in a well-managed neighbourhood
- can move home if they need to.
The strategy is reviewed each year. Download the City Housing Strategy 2018 report below.
People who live in a home they can afford
We plan to deliver
- 10,000 new affordable and low cost homes by 2022 / 23
- and expand services that help reduce living costs for tenants.
People who live in a warm, safe home in a well-managed neighbourhood
We plan to
- bring existing homes and neighbourhoods up to the same quality standard as new build homes
- improve energy efficiency of homes across all tenures.
People who can move home if they need to
We plan to
- work with Health and Social Care partners to help meet the housing and support needs of a changing population
- review the use of temporary accommodation and explore different ways of supporting homeless households.