Integrated Employability Service
Integrated Employability Service and Jobs Strategy partners
The Integrated Employability Service (IES) ensures Job Strategy partners work together.
Priority areas are
- young people aged 14-19 years
- in-work poverty and low pay
- early intervention for short term unemployed
- support for regeneration and vulnerable individuals.
The IES model is built around a sustainable employability model that responds to labour market needs. It drives continuous improvement and delivers best value on investment.
The aims are to
- improve the clarity, quality and effectiveness of the service
- make clear the roles and responsibilities of partners and stakeholders
- strengthen economic actions within the city's Community Planning structure.
The local IES employability hubs are central to the strategic skills pipeline. They offer a range of employability services across the city. They help ensure anyone in Edinburgh can access a service that suits their needs.