Council Management structure
Service Area senior management structures
The Council and its executive committees are made up of elected members. They make the key policy and strategy decisions for the City of Edinburgh Council. These policies decide how services are run and the plans are carried out by Council officers. These officers are based within four Directorates, or Service Areas, each led by an Executive Director. The Executive Directors are in turn led and managed by the Chief Executive, as the Council’s statutory Head of Paid Service and principal policy adviser to the elected members.
The Council's Corporate Leadership Team is organised as follows:
- Chief Executive - Andrew Kerr
- Executive Director of Communities and Families - Alistair Gaw
- Executive Director of the Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership and Chief Officer of the Edinburgh Integration Joint Board - Judith Proctor
- Executive Director of Place - Paul Lawrence
- Executive Director of Resources - Stephen Moir
Read more about how we are organised.
Last updated: May 2018