Equality and rights
We want all of our citizens to be able to use our services and join in with the life and work of the city. We want to make sure no one loses out because of who they are or the life choices they make. Equality is about everyone having access to services, jobs, housing, leisure and culture.
Download our 2017 to 2019 progress report (PDF, 1 MB)
Download our gender pay gap report 2018 (PDF, 505 KB)
Download the 2017 progress report (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Download the 2015 progress report (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Testing our services
Before we take any decisions about a new or existing service, we look at evidence to see if there could be any good or bad effects on
- people’s equality and human rights
- sustainability and the environment.
We then think about how to improve the service. This is called an Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA).
- Read more about equality on the Equality and Human Rights Commission website.
- Visit the Scottish Human Rights Commission website
- Read about children's rights on the Scottish Commission for Children and Young People website.
Equalities and Rights Network (EaRN)
EaRN is a member-led network dedicated to helping people work in partnership with public services across Edinburgh and surrounding areas as part of community planning to
- advance equality
- promote human rights
- tackle inequality and poverty.