Pay for secondary school lets
There are three rates of pay for letting facilities in secondary schools
You pay the commercial rate if you
- generate income to pay staff salaries
- must be licensed to deliver your activity
- are from outwith the City of Edinburgh Council area.
You must prove that you are entitled to the concessionary rate before you start your let.
You pay the concessionary rate if you are not a commercial organisation and 75% or more of your members are in receipt of
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme
- Employment Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Incapacity Benefit
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Support
- NASS Support
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- under 18 years old
- Over 60 years old and not in employment
- full time students.
You are also entitled to concessionary rates if you are a
- non-profit making community group, such as a tenants’ or residents’ group, local heritage society or community trust
- non-profit making cultural group
- community group or organisation that works with the Council to deliver council or national priorities.
You pay the standard rate if you none of the above applies to you.
For special events, such as conferences, seminars or tournaments, you pay the standard rate for each school facility used.
Multi facility or room discount
In certain cases, we can apply a discount for lets of multiple rooms and over extended periods.
Contact us to see if this applies.