Plan an event in a park

Events in parks

Find out how to plan an event and apply for permission from the Culture Edinburgh website. 

Request a temporary restriction of access to a park or green space

If your event requires an area of a park or green space to be closed or access to the public restricted then you might need to apply for a section 11 order. This order will allow a local authority to exempt a particular area of land from access rights for a short period of time and access to be restricted for health and safety reasons or to allow admission charges to be made. 

Not all events and activities will require an exemption order. If normal access is unlikely to be impacted by your event, or if access can be managed using temporary signage and diversions you may not require an exemption order.

Download temporary restriction of access guidance notes and an application form (PDF - 42.75 KB)

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.