Representations to the first Proposed Local Development Plan
The representation stage for the first Proposed LDP ran from 1 May until 14 June 2013. The Council received over 2,200 submissions from individuals and organisations, covering different aspects of the plan. These have been recorded, grouped by issue and summarised into 22 tables.
- Issue 1 Introduction, Aims and Strategies
- Issue 2 Green Belt and Special Landscape Areas
- Issue 3 Other Environmental Issues - including Craighouse Campus
- Issue 4 Economic Development and Shopping & Leisure
- Issue 5 Housing and Community Facilities
Issues 6 - 11 relate to housing proposals in the Proposed LDP.
- Issue 6 Existing Housing Proposals - includes City Park
- Issue 7 New greenfield housing proposals in West Edinburgh - Maybury and Cammo
- Issue 8 New greenfield housing proposals in South East Edinburgh - Broomhills and Burdiehouse
- Issue 9 New greenfield housing proposals in South East Edinburgh - Gilmerton Dykes Road, Gilmerton Station Road and The Drum
- Issue 10 Other new greenfield housing proposals - Newcraighall and Riccarton Mains Road
- Issue 11 Housing regeneration proposals - Curriemuirend and Moredunvale Road
Issues 12 - 16 relate to suggested housing and other development sites not included in the Proposed LDP.
- Issue 12 Suggested housing sites outwith the Urban Area in West and South East Edinburgh
- Issue 13 Suggested housing sites outwith the Urban Area in Queensferry and Kirkliston area
- Issue 14 Suggested housing sites outwith the Urban Area in Ratho/Currie/Balerno area
- Issue 15 Other suggested development sites outwith the urban area - includes Midmar Paddock
- Issue 16 Suggested housing sites within the urban area
- Issue 17 Transport and Resources
- Issue 18 Strategic Development Areas - Other Matters - includes City Centre, Edinburgh Waterfront and West Edinburgh
- Issue 19 Policies DtS1 and DtS2
- Issue 20 Design and Environment policies
- Issue 21 Employment, Housing and Shopping policies
- Issue 22 Transport and Resources policies
There is also a map showing the housing sites outwith the urban area suggested by landowners and developers in their submissions.
You can view the full representations online and on request at the Planning Reception at Waverley Court. If you have any difficulty viewing these, please let us know. All submissions will be considered by the Council as it progresses the plan.
If you have any queries, please contact the LDP team.