Rugby in schools
We work with the Scottish Rugby Union to offer a programme that
- introduces the sport to new players
- helps existing players improve their skills
- creates a pathway for the most talented to maximise their potential
- emphasises the fun of the sport
- supports all levels of coaches and teachers.
Contact us for details.
Rugby in primary schools
We take part in two competitions.
The EPSSA primary school competition offers schools the chance to take part in a mixed gender non-contact rugby competition. It is held every October at Murrayfield Stadium.
The primary school contact competition has been developed in partnership with Edinburgh Rugby. It gives pupils the chance to take part in a citywide contact rugby competition. These events are organised and run by fully qualified Scottish Rugby Union coaches and referees.
Rugby in secondary schools
The Edinburgh and Midlothian Sevens Series is one of the most successful, longest standing schools competition in the country.
All high school pupils can take part in this citywide seven a side competition through their schools.