Make a complaint about a food business
Tips to follow
- have found something in your food try not to touch it and leave it undisturbed
- have any packaging or receipts keep them, and then contact us as soon as you can
- think there is something wrong with food you have bought, seal and keep it in the freezer in you can.
What we can investigate
- food being "off"
- watered down alcohol
- food which hasn't been labelled properly
- if you are ill after eating food from somewhere
- food which has been contaminated in some way
- food being past its "Use by" or "best before" date
- concerns over hygiene somewhere you have been
- the food wasn't the type of food you asked for, e.g. a vegetarian being given meat.
If you were ill after eating food from somewhere in Edinburgh, or somewhere else, let us know as soon as you can. We will take some details and look into it further. You should also contact you GP as soon as possible.