Complaints about food premises
Make a complaint about a food business
If you think there is something wrong with food you have bought please seal it and keep it in the freezer in you can. If you have found something in your food try not to touch it and leave it undisturbed. If you have any packaging or receipts keep them, and then contact us as soon as you can.
What we can investigate
- food being "off"
- food being past its "Use by" or "best before" date
- food which has been contaminated in some way
- watered down alcohol
- food which hasn't been labelled properly
- the food wasn't the type of food you asked for, e.g. a vegetarian being given meat
- if you are ill after eating food from somewhere
- concerns over hygiene somewhere you have been.
If you were ill after eating food from somewhere in Edinburgh, or somewhere else, let us know as soon as you can. We will take some details and look into it further. You should also contact you GP as soon as possible.