Roseburn to Forth Bridge (NCN1)
We are working in partnership with Sustrans to deliver an upgrade of National Cycle Network Route 1 (NCN1) between Roseburn and the Forth Bridge. The route also forms part of our QuietRoutes. a network of cycle routes for younger, new or less confident cyclists.
Upgrading of the section of path
- adjacent to the A90 which ran in a channel between two walls - completed July 2013.
- adjacent the A90 slip road to Burnshot - completed August 2014.
- directly adjacent to the A90 - completed April 2015
- widening and resurfacing of the B924 footway between Barnbougle Gate and Chapel Gate - completed May 2011.
- public realm upgrade of the Craigleith paths junction - completed April 2014
- surfacing / widening of the Golf Courses Path - completed May 2014
- replacement lighting on the Roseburn Path
- reconfigured pedestrian / cycle crossing at Cramond Road South - completed June 2015.
The last phase of works will be to install lighting on the Golf Courses Path. This is planned for the end of the year 2016.