Local Community Planning
- Work with the community
- Getting support (selected)
Community Funding Support Programme
If you are a local community group looking for funding, the Community Funding Support Programme can help you through the provision of
- ‘Meet the Funders’ events
- NP Community Grants Fund
- ‘How to Apply for a Grant’ Workshops
- Comprehensive range of information and advice including regular funding bulletins information packs.
For further information contact 0131 469 3595.
Are you a tenant or homeowner? Why not get involved in your local tenants’ group?
Tenant participation is about influencing decisions on housing and related services, in your neighbourhood and city wide, including
- housing management and repairs
- supporting setting up tenants’ groups
- managing the Register of Registered Tenants’ Organisations
- developing and delivering the statutory Tenant Participation Strategy
- making sure that tenants have the resources they need to become involved, for example, tenants’ association grants.
For further information contact 0131 529 7805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support for Community Councils
Community Councils (CCs) are an important part of local democracy. They represent the views of the community to make a difference in their local area. The Local Community Planning Team support CC development and involvement, through
- provision of CC grant budget
- CC capacity building programme
- the implementation of the statutory Scheme for CCs..
See the Community Council pages for further information.
The Local Community Planning Team delivers a range of educational activity for secondary schools and community groups across the City, including
- TOAST fireworks safety play to S2 pupils
- Consumer talks and workshops for community groups
- Young Consumers Programme involving S5 and S6 pupils
- Consumer Challenge Quiz programme for special needs schools.
For further information call 0131 529 7805.