Local Community Planning
- Work with the community (selected)
- Getting support
Work with the community
Community planning is the process which helps public agencies to work together with the community to plan and deliver better services which make a real difference to people's lives. Neighbourhood Partnerships (NPs) are the City’s chosen way to deliver community planning locally.
The Local Community Planning Team provides a strategic support and development service for the 12 NPs. Some examples of this are
- refreshing the partnership performance framework
- developing and delivering local and strategic community engagement plans
- increasing online engagement opportunities through digital community participation
- strengthening the communications approach through a refreshed NP website, promotion and social media
- developing and supporting new engagement approaches such as participatory budgeting and a consultation framework
- strengthening partner relationships through joint workforce development, community or partner events and sharing good practice.