Benefit decisions

Appeal a decision about your benefit claim

If we review your claim, we will let you know our decision in writing.

You can either

  • accept the decision
  • ask for a statement of reason to find out why we made the decision
  • ask for a revision of the decision if you think it was based on the wrong facts
  • appeal against the decision if you disagree with it but the facts are correct.
You need to download the correct form below and then contact us to ask us to review our decision about your claim for Housing Benefit.

Using a representative

You can ask for someone else to contact us about your claim on your behalf.  This could be a family member, a friend or your landlord.

Download and complete our Third Party Authorisation Mandate below to let us know who you wish to represent you.

Do you have any comments about this page?

Help us improve

  • The City of Edinburgh Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.