Scottish Welfare Fund
Community care grant
The community care grant helps you to cope with special difficulties. We will normally make awards by giving goods such as
- removal expenses
- bedding and clothing
- storage charges or connection charges
- furniture such as a sofa, armchair or bed
- household equipment such as a cooker or fridge.
Where this is not possible, we may make cash payments that are tax free and do not have to be paid back.
Apply if you are a
- family under exceptional pressure
- person following a period of care or homelessness
- person living independently where there's a risk of care or homelessness
- person meeting additional costs associated with looking after someone on temporary release from prison or a young offenders' institution.
We may not award a community care grant if you or your partner are
- below pension age with savings over £700
- above pension age with savings over £1,200.
Community care grants will be considered within 15 working days. We will contact you if we need further information.